We continued at a quick pace again today, with a lot of throwing. I had time only for trimming one cup (we'll put handles on tomorrow) between all the new assignments.
For the three shallow bowls, we threw and attached a top, and then threw / altered the edge also. I was so busy I didn't even get photos of all the pieces. The first one was given a jagged edge, which became a mountain scene. Here is Tony's in progress :
The second one was a double-rimmed bowl with a large handle. This is a finished sample :
To the third we added a top with a gallery which extends out from the pot (instead of inward, as I've always seen a gallery thrown). I didn't get photos of this one, but I did take photos of the lid which Tony threw, upside down, and will trim tomorrow :
Then the final demo was to throw the neck and form a spout on top of that belly of a jug which we threw yesterday. After that, the jug is attached to the foot, which is still on the bat (for additional stability, while the whole thing is trimmed). Here is Tony's jug :
I will go now and have a hot shower (I'd have a hot bath if I wasn't so lazy, and thought there may be still enough hot water available). My arms are very sore, but it has been worth it, and I have learned lots. I can't wait until the final round tomorrow.