Sunday, May 28, 2017

Soda Glazing Day and First Finished Piece Comes Home

I held off glazing almost all my pieces, so I would be sure to have enough for the soda firing.  It's a good thing I did, since I was able to fit more pieces in than I had expected.  So I only have a few more, which I want to play with some different techniques, and my soda cups which I didn't get into the bisque firing soon enough to get them back in time.


So I will have a very large number of pieces coming out of the soda firing next weekend.  But in the meantime, I have one piece which came out of the cone 10 gas firing :


A) This highly textured piece was thrown from 1800g of "revived" P600 clay.  It is finished in Amber Celadon glaze, which is a rich brown colour, and shows the texture beautifully.  The photo (on our porch) doesn't do it justice.


Since I don't have any other photos from today, I'll post a few from yesterday, when I visited my pieces which are on student display :
 It's hard to get a good look at my dragon bowl, through all that reflected light, but she looks great in that display case.


This raku fired pot shows up better in the photo.  I'm also very pleased with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment