The first four were thrown from 1200 to 1400 g of clay. I was thinking simple cylinder when I threw this one, but with 700 g of clay, I had a bit more than I needed, so I pulled in the top, and I am SUPER happy with the shape of this one. It already looks great to me, and it's not even decorated.
So I tried again with 500 g of clay, and got the cylinder, which I want to turn into a pierced candle holder.
So this is my 6 items. Not bad for 3 hours of throwing (minus cleanup time).
So as I understand it, I'll need to trim and let these dry, and then apply terra sigillata before sending them to the bisque firing. So I have much work ahead of me, but I'm excited and already dreaming of which raku techniques I can apply. We'll be experimenting with naked raku, horsehair raku, obvara (yeast) raku and others. I can't wait.