I stained my two leaf imprint items, and hope that they will be fired before my next class, which is in two weeks. I stained one in red iron oxide :
I was so pleased with how these worked out, that I decided to finish my other large spherical vessel in leaves also, this time with a vine maple. The leaves didn't appear to be very textured / veined, so I didn't know how they'd turn out, but I was also very pleased with the result :
One of the other projects I've been wanting to make, which was inspired by my "Mud in Your Eye" course, is a Bartmann or Bellarmine jug. Last week I threw 5 such jugs, so this week I added handles and the Bartmann ("bearded man") faces and embellishments. I am super happy with the results. We had a number of people from the soda firing class attend the drop-in workshop, including Arlynn Nobel, the instructor. She encouraged me to save these Bartmann jugs for when I can get into a soda firing class (they are very popular, and usually have a waiting list by the time the class is announced). I think I'll experiment with a couple of them in the Cone 10 gas firing, and save my favourites for a soda firing one day.
Here are my Bartmann jugs in progress :
I also brought home my first set of pieces from the first Cone 10 firing. I will be posting photos soon.