These are two bowls I started on Sunday. The bowl at top with 3 Davidii leaf impressions, just needed some cleaning up the rim. Otherwise it is ready to go to bisque firing. The sunflower leaf bowl at bottom is the piece which cracked a few times, and I patched it up. So I'll see if it survives the bisque firing.
In the meantime, I made 3 more today, so out of all 4, then at least some of them should survive. This time, I shaved the big central vein so it wouldn't split the dish.
I touched up and finished my strawberry dish from last session :
While the Davidii tree still has leaves on it, I decided to make a second bowl with the leaf imprints. This one is splattered with Brown slip, and has a rolled under rim, not exactly a hollow rim, but something like it. By the end of today's class, I was able to take it out of the mold, but set it in the cellar to dry upside down. I've made the mistake previously of turning a bowl upright, and having it flop. So this time, I may have learned from that mistake. :-)