A few of my bigger pieces are starting to come out of the kiln. I am hoping to collect the remaining ones this weekend. In the meantime, here are a few I can share (i.e. not Christmas gifts, that I plan to keep secret).
I'm numbering my pieces, continuing from the first and second set of mugs. Please let me know which, if any, you find appealing - or amusing.
I had played with some ideas with adding an underglaze design at the front of Adam and Eve and the original Serpent. But once it was fired, I realized the surface area was a bit restricted, and I had so many pieces to glaze I didn't want to spend the time. Now I'm glad I didn't.
The snakes were brushed with Tenmoku (all our glazes are Cone 10), then the whole piece dipped in Bamboo. I'm quite happy with the Tenmoku and Bamboo, but without the snakeskin texture, the fun of this piece is really lost for me.